Monday 13 July 2009

Wasdale


Due to injuries, illness and fear of running a proper fell race it ended up with just me turning out to run this lakeland classic which was a counter in this years English Champs. 21 miles, 9000ft of ascent, it's a real sod of a race which I found a lot harder than the Peris, or even Jura. The long gradual climbs just didn't suit me. In the heat I toiled, maybe feeling the effects of pacing Tim's PB run, and cramp set in after 2 hrs. I finished 17th (my highest championship finish), but in a time of 4:29, quite a bit down on what I expected though. Really good race though, well organised with a good night in the pub to finish the day off. the only other Eryri runner was Jackie Lee who dropped out early on feeling out of sorts.
Rob Jebb won in a storming time of 3:45 or so, with Pippa jackson first woman in 4:38.

No comments:

Post a Comment