Monday 27 July 2009

Welsh Perimeter Charity cycle ride

Becki Law is shortly attempting to cycle around Wales and is seeking sponsorship, please read her message below:

"Starting on the 15th August I will be attempting to cycle the perimeterof Wales, starting and finishing in Bangor, Gwynedd. It is going to involve cycling approximately 800 miles, taking 8 days and I would like to raise just over £800. It would be fantastic if people could sponsor me - every little helps! My brother works in Vietnam for the charity 'Volunteers for Peace' (seehttp://www.vfp.org/vietnam.html) and so my target is £814.12 as this will be going to fund a new water pump for Bao Loc Disabled Farm inVietnam (see the attatched sheet for more details). Any extra money willdefinitely be put to good use! For example; £12 would buy a mattress inBao Loc orphanage. Also - if anybody would like to join me for any of the ride, they are more than welcome! I have attached brief details of my itinery. I will hopefully have to time to set up a facebook page with more details, fundraising and cycling progress."

Details on the project are available here:
http://eryriharriers.org.uk/pdfs/Bao%20Loc.doc

For those who wish to accompany Becki her itinerary is:

Welsh perimeter ride itinerary – 100 miles per day approximately:

Date
15th August Bangor to Gobowen (Rob’s house)
16th August Gobowen to Chapel End, Bucknall, near Knighton
17th August Chapel End, Bucknall to Cardiff Travelodge
18th August Cardiff Travelodge to Manorbier YHA, near Tenby, Pembrokeshire
19th August Manorbier YHA to Poppit Sands YHA, Cardigan, Pembrokeshire
20th August Poppit Sands YHA to Kings YHA, Dollgellau
21st August Kings YHA to Bangor

N.B. I will also be doing a circuit of Anglesey either before or after, depending on how things go!

My email address is: pep625@bangor.ac.uk, feel free to contact me regarding sponsorship or anything else!

Thank you for reading this :)

No comments:

Post a Comment